Taking care of your shearing gear and equipment is important for animal welfare and safety for yourself and the sheep you are shearing. Gear is also expensive, so looking after it makes sense.
In this WOMOlife shearing gear and grinding course you’ll learn about:
- Handpiece and gear safety
- Types of combs and cutters – how to set them up and use them
- How to clean and maintain gear
- How to tie your mocassins!
- Knowing when it’s time to grind or sharpen your gear
- The set up
- Knowing all the parts of your gear and the grinder and Emery Papers
- The stance – the position of the body
- How to grind, including hollow grind