Welcome to our mini course!
At the end of watching these videos you’ll:
- Have a good basic understanding of how electric fences (break fences) work and why they are important.
- Know how to put up a break fence, using a tried-and-true method.
- Know how to take down a break fence efficiently.
- Understand that one of a farmer’s main goals is to match the cows’ demand for feed with the changing growth rates of the pasture during the year.
- Know how to measure and manage pasture and farm-grown crops (including silage) to produce a high-quality, balanced diet for the cows, maximising its use and minimising waste.
- Understand the importance of stock having access to clean, fresh, high-quality water at all times.
- Be able to deal with common problems with the farm’s water supply.
How to make the most of the training!
There are 6 short videos to watch (videos vary in length, but average between 2 – 5 mins long). Each video also has a pdf of information and tips on each topic, which you can open, save and print.
There’s a short self-assessed quiz at the end of each video and quiz answers are in the video or in the pdf – there are no trick questions! If you get one wrong, it’s okay, you can have another go.
As the learning progresses from video to video, the first time around, you’ll need to watch them in the order they’re listed. Once all have been watched, you can then go back to any specific video at any time you like.