By taking this course, you will learn everything you need to know about rearing calves. You will be better equipped to look after calves, whether you are new to this role, or need a refresher course.
By completing this course you’ll be able to:
- Know how to take care of a one day old calf
- Understand the three milk feeding systems in NZ
- Know what to feed a calf each day
- Recognise when a calf is sick and needs help
- Keep the pen fresh and clean and the calves free from disease
- Complete the 8-point checklist for bobby calves
How to watch this training
There are 8 videos to watch (average between 2 – 4 mins long each).
As the learning progresses from video to video, the first time around, you’ll need to watch them in the order they’re listed. Once all have been watched, you can then go back to any specific video at any time you like. Each video also has a pdf of information and tips on each topic, which you can open, save and print. There’s also a quiz at the end of each video to test your learning. Don’t worry if you get any wrong you can try again!
When watching the videos note down any questions you have, so you can raise them with your employer, or classmates.