We offer courses that begin with a short online assessment, which you can complete before you do a full day’s practical training. WThis course is made up of two components:
- The online course consists of three online modules. Each module has course material followed by a short assessment of questions, based around the safe operation and maintenance of tractors
- A full day’s practical training with our experienced tutors, putting into practice what you’ve covered in your online course.
We have options regarding the practical training, we can either come to you and work around your schedule or you can come to our fully equipped Waikato based training facility. All of our trainers are experienced and accredited 4098 assessors.
In this course you’ll learn about:
- The legal requirements for tractor operation on public roads and private property.
- Pre-start checks on the tractors
- Identifying the controls.
- Correct PPE to wear.
- Basic tractor stability.
- Identifying hazards.
- Attaching and detaching 3-point linkage implements.
- Safety around the P.T.O shaft.
- Dynamics of different loads.
- Basic maintenance.