Our courses begin with a short online assessment, which you’ll complete before you do a full day’s practical training.
This LUV course is made up of two components:
- An online course consisting of three online modules. Each module has course material followed by a short assessment with questions based around the safe operation and maintenance of LUVs.
- A full day’s practical with our experienced tutors, where you put into practice what you’ve covered in the online course.
At the end of the online course you’ll receive an email with instructions and a unique code to book your practical training.
We have options regarding the practical training. We can either come to you and work around your schedule or you can come to our fully equipped Waikato based training facility ( minimum numbers apply)
In this course you will learn:
- Legal requirements of driving an LUV on a road and on private property.
- Pre-start checks.
- The controls on an LUV and their functions.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hill climbs and descents
- Placing and securing load on the LUV.
- Towing and mounted loads.
- Identifying hazards
- Reporting and recording accidents and near misses.